kids room update / general rambling

Tuesday, August 14, 2007 | |



THE KIDS ROOM

It just won’t end! I am great at starting a project but I never seem to be able to muster enough strength to finish them. Our house is a potpourri of half finished projects. I can almost see the finish line on this project… it’s so close.

How can one room take so much paint?!?!?! Last night I had to put the final coat of paint on the doors and door frames. I also picked up the door and window casings and got 2 coats of paint on them to get those ready. We plan on replacing the old window with a new one sometime this fall so while the old window will stay there for a bit longer, I figured I’d at least touch it up and add some white-ness to it. It’s the old shellacked wood windows and the brown really stand out form the rest of the room. I also painted the baseboard heater to match the room as it was starting to show it’s age.

So, painting is done.

Baseboard heater can now be installed back against the wall

Last few pieces of chair rail and baseboard needs to be cut and nailed.

Door and window casings need to be cut and nailed. I forgot the rosettes so off to Kent I go again today.

Nail holes need filled and painted. I guess I’m not done painting.

Install new wall plugs and light switch.

Maybe that wasn’t the finish line, just a mirage.

RUMORS

Not much else is new. No early rumours yet. We’re holding out hope for a referral this month, but not promising anything yet.

THE FUTURE OF THIS BLOG

Jennifer and I have decided to end this blog once we receive our referral. This part of the journey has been very public and we want to restrict the next part of the adoption adventure to people closer to us. As far as blogs go, this blog hasn’t had a huge following of dedicated readers. Most of the people checking it have been family, friends or acquaintances but we want to make sure we know who is reading about “Gertrude’s” life. Up to now, it’s been primarily about us and our lives which I was OK sharing with all of you. Once we get our referral, this process changes from being about us to being about the kid’s new life. If you have been following this blog and want to continue doing so, please check back in the near future for a link that will allow you to get access to our new blog.

That’s it for now. Off to Kent during my lunch hour.…

Scott

4 comments:

Unknown said...

Hi guys!

I've been waiting with baited breathe for you....Your so close now, the room is "almost" done!
Feels great doesn't it?
When we left for China, Lily's room was "almost" done and when we got back, it was all done! gotta love surprises!
Thinking of you often (along with Dianne and Joe)
Krista and Lily Dolan

Anonymous said...

Pictures...I want pictures!! Let's see Gertie's room through the stages!!

We have been working on Lucy and Lisa's room too. I'll have to post some pictures on the Yahoo Group.

geminirn said...

WE are still keeping everything crossed that this monthwill be yours....woooohoooooo!!!You guys are really close now!!!!glad to hear the room is coming together(we found this very exciting).

the Mahoney's

Angela said...

what do you mean not many dedicated readers??? I'm reading!! lol

Looks like the room is coming along very nicely ~ can't wait to see the finished product!

Give us a call if you take a night off and want to get together!

Angela :)