Rumor Queen - you and I are done!

Friday, October 05, 2007 | |

We’re 99.99% sure that our paperwork is in Canada. I’ll be optimistic and say that.

 

Quite a burden has been lifted from me by knowing that I don’t have to stop by and visit the Rumor Queen any more. Over the last 2 years, she’s been more of a thorn in my side than a help. In a lot of cases, the roller coaster we rode many months was powered by her words. She’d get us all excited with talk of someone saying something, then we’d be disappointed to find out that it was just a rumor. Yes, I must admit that she did serve a good purpose when I needed her but goodbye and good riddance, Evil Queen. HEHE

 

As the Ontario families received their pics yesterday, I’ll assume that the NB Government received our paperwork and sent it off to Children’s bridge. They turn it around quite quickly, so lets’ think that it’s been translated and sent back to the Province. If they’re efficient, it might get shipped to our social worker today, but it will most likely travel Tuesday. Our social worker should then have it Wednesday. We might have a pic in our hands as soon as Wednesday. Now I just need to find my old scanner and get it hooked up to the computer to scan the pic when I get it.

 

It’s the end of the day here and we’ll just have to make the most of this long weekend. As someone pointed out to me today at work – this is our last Thanksgiving as a family of 2.

10 comments:

Red Sand said...

Ah, it'll be interesting to see if you can shed the addiction! Glad to hear that you are looking at such a short turn-around. Hope you are able to think of other things this long weekend!

Mammarazzi Madness said...

Just checking to see if you have heard anything. I love it when people get their referrals ( esp when they are from good ole' NB).
Have a good long weekend ......I'm sure it will feel longer 'cause you are waiting to see that babes face....
Andrea ( from Fredericton)

Anonymous said...

WoooooooooHooooooooooo!
Can't wait to hear your wonderful news!!
Dale, Dan & Chloe

geminirn said...

OH YOU GUYS THIS IS FANTASTIC NEWS!!!!!!!!!WHAT A GREAT THANKSGIVING FOR YOU TWO AND YOUR LOVED ONES.WE CAN HARDLY WAIT TO SEE THAT ADORABLE PHOTO OF THAT SWEET BABY GIRL OF YOUR'S.......CONGRATULATIONS!!!!!!!

The Mahoney's

Anonymous said...

You sure sound calm. Have you seen pictures from your groupmates yet? Hopefully there won't be any power failures or other unfortunatel delays!! Can't wait to check your blog next week!

Anonymous said...

Just wanted to send you a quick note to say.....Woohooo!!! We are so excited for you both. It's been a longer journey than expected, but before you know it, you'll be holding your beautiful little girl in your arms!! Finally!!

Congrats, and we can't wait to see her picture and know more about her.

Danny and Carol

Anonymous said...

HAPPY THANKSGIVING!! So excited to hear you are just about to see that cute little face! The wait is just about over and I know it will have been well worth it!!

Have a great weekend!
Blanchard's

Mom to Kayli and Mya said...

YAY! Looking forward to seeing her pic and hearing all the details.

Have a wonderful Thanksgiving and it is your last one as a family of 2!!!!!

Kennedy and Jaida's mom said...

Hope you are able to enjoy this long weekend. I'm sure it must seems especially l-o-n-g for you guys!

I must say, I've been unable to shed the RQ addiction. Still watch her faithfully and love seeing the list of referrals every month.

Do any of your tavelmates have blogs you could send us to? I LOVE seeing the referral pics!

A Mom- In-W8ing said...

Woo Hoo I can hardly stand the wait to see that sweet little face! I have no idea how you are going to make it throught this LONG weekend!

Smiles! :o)
Nikki